- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 3:06 pm #1998Michelle BuccinoGuest
by Lucy Ellmann
- Author: Lucy Ellmann
- Format: paperback, 1,022 pages
- Publisher: Galley Beggar Press
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee (2019), James Tait Black Memorial Prize Nominee for Fiction (2019), Orwell Prize Nominee for Political Fiction for Shortlist (2020), The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee for Longlist (2020), Goldsmiths Prize (2019)
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, novels, literature, american, womens
- ISBN: 9781910296974 (191029697X)
- Release date: July 4, 2019
About The Book
LATTICING one cherry pie after another, an Ohio housewife tries to bridge the gaps between reality and the torrent of meaningless info that is the United States of America. She worries about her children, her dead parents, African elephants, the bedroom rituals of “happy couples”, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and how to hatch an abandoned wood pigeon egg. Is there some trick to surviving survivalists? School shootings? Medical debts? Franks ’n’ beans?
A scorching indictment of America’s barbarity, past and present, and a lament for the way we are sleepwalking into environmental disaster, Ducks, Newburyport is a heresy, a wonder — and a revolution in the novel.
It’s also very, very funny.
FictionBook book Ducks, Newburyport download. FB2 Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann buy for reader on Book Depository. Hardcover ebook Ducks, Newburyport read online on IndieBound.
Online Ducks, Newburyport Lucy Ellmann on PC. Hardback ebook Ducks, Newburyport buy cheap iPhone on Walmart. MOBI book Ducks, Newburyport Lucy Ellmann.